Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Spread your wings


Hello,
Well today I tried on a new technique by getting inspired from one of the YouTube video.
I really liked Rajni chawla's challenge, its  a great way to appreciate the original crafter and recognize them.
 I never tried embossing using embossing powder and was thinking to give it a try, while browsing YouTube came across the wonderful " color on color resist embossing technique and could not control myself.
I was confused as I was not having clear embossing powder or the inks.
I modified it according to my availability ;-).
 For this card I have used white and red card stock, watercolor sketch pens, candle ( yes you heard it right- wax candle), fabercastle ink pads ( blue and black), wow golden embossing powder,technique Tuesday clear stamps, white pen.
 First of all I drew outline of butterfly on cardstock, colored it randomly using sketch pens.

Took clear white candle and covered the colored butterflies.
 Later I covered the card stock with blue using ink pad and then black ink pad.
Now take a wet tissue or cloth and wipe off the ink from the colored butterflies.
I was amazed by the effect created as I while covered the butterflies with wax I left few spaces uncovered so the blue and black ink can create its effect.
 Rub a clean cloth over the butterflies to give smoothness to the surface and you will see that area shining.

I used white pen to give outline to butterflies to give it depth and 3D look.
I took butterfly stamp and using versa mark watermark ink pad stamped it on the card stock. I didn't apply versa mark ink pad to whole stamp as I wanted partial shiny butterflies.
 Covered the stamped butterflies with gold embossing powder and removed excess and heated it.

Layered it on another cardstock and used red card stock for the sentiment from same stamp set.

 Really enjoyed the modified version.
The youtibe link of technique I used is "Color on Color Emboss Resist"-http://youtu.be/dEZQuQGxud8
Hope you all will also enjoy it, do leave your valuable comments.

Linking it to
http://rajnichawlahandmade.blogspot.in/2015/06/happy-giveaway.html?m=1

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/#

http://beyondgrey.blogspot.in/2015/06/bgc-69-cards-only.html?m=1

http://dianamlarson.blogspot.in/2015/06/dlart-june-linky-challenge.html?m=1

6 comments:

  1. this looks really fun! :) thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. Loved your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So colourful! I like your idea!
    Thank you for playing along at BGC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful technique....wud love to try.
    Thanks for plaing along with Happy Giveaway....all d very best :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for appreciation.

    ReplyDelete