Friday, June 19, 2015

Handmade butterfly embellishments

Hello all,
We all go crazy looking either at butterflies or peacock feathers.
 Today I am going to share a very simple technique to make your butterflies even if you don't have a die cut machine or dies.
 I bought few memory box stencils and using the same stencil to create my handmade butterfly embellishments.
 Materials used

 Take a white card stock, place the stencil on it, trace it using black permanent marker.

 Now fill up all the small grooves with black sketch pen or permanent marker.
 Now to give a watercolor effect use the light shades of sketch pens like pink, sky blue, green, yellow and orange and fill the rest areas of butterfly and allow colors to overlap a bit to give merging effect.

Tadaa... finally your beautiful velvety looking butterfly embellishments are ready.
To make them more shiny you can apply mod podge or apply a coat of fevicol/ varnish.
See how I used my butterfly for a making a simple card look beautiful.

I made few more sea creatures in same way for my upcoming card. Do come again to watch it.

Hope you enjoyed this simple butterfly embellishments.
 Do share your views.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice way to prepare your hand made cards attractive...Eagerly waiting for your next tutorial..

    ReplyDelete