Thursday, August 6, 2015

Mixed media card- color splash

Hello people,
It looks like I was away from my blog for ages. Feeling great after a much needed break.
Let's get back to work. Well today I am gonna show you all the card I made by getting inspired from " the craft shop banner".
I am so happy that I ordered my first set of distress ink just few days back from craft shop itself and the colors completely matched the theme.
Sorry no pictures as my little devil was around to help me create this art piece, surely will try a detailed explanation.
Well I started off by distressing my watercolor sheet with inks and splattered some water for blending.
 I made a handmade butterfly using old wax crayons and cake making butterfly shaped silicon mold. Shhhh my husband don't know about it though have not left any brick or corner blank in my home ;-).
Once dried I removed it from the mold and carefully broke the wings and stuck it over the watercolor sheet.
I later fussy cut the scissors and kept one  blade above and another below the butterfly to give realistic look. I applied gold glitter paint on few areas of butterfly and on scissors.
Layered watercolor sheet over white card stock which I distressed in same color combination.
 Used glass painting black liner for bordering the watercolor sheet which gave it a window effect.
Sentiment is handwritten.
 Hope you guys like it.
Would like to enter it for following challenges:

http://catchychallenges.blogspot.in/2015/08/august-challenges-week-1-priya-sivaraj.html?m=1


http://themixedmediacardchallenge.blogspot.in/?m=1


http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.in/2015/07/challenge-269-no-patterned-papers.html?m=1

It would be inspiring to see your views and comments.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely card, fab painted background. Thanks so much for joining in the fun with the Fab 'n' Funky girls this challenge. I LOVE what you did for the challenge. Look forward to having you join us again soon. Hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is nice. Thanks for playing along with CSCC Aug challenge- week 1. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super FUN card!! Thanks for playing at the MMCC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot everyone for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete